Friday, October 23, 2009

perhaps she's a girl and she's stolen my beauty

Of course I think there is nothing quite so lovely as my husband and I hope our child is blessed with his dark good looks. I'm especially hoping that right now as I wait for the arrival of the rumored "pregnancy glow." Perhaps it's because I haven't felt great this weekend, but I look in the mirror and I see a foreign reflection. I'm a frumpy little thing with yellow skin and shadows under her eyes. Last night I said to Chris, "Perhaps she's a girl and she's stolen my beauty."

But it's Friday, and I am confident the weekend will provide time for much needed rest and exercise. The nausea is gone and I can turn my attention to battling the fatigue. And next week, the Angie I know will reappear.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure you have beauty to spare Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking much too hard for the "glow". Perhaps because you have always been shrouded in it is why you don't recognize it.

    ReplyDelete