Wednesday, December 16, 2009

watch and wait

I had my first "Oh my God, what are we doing?" moment. I had been told those moments would come; the questions about whether I would be a fit mother, whether we were ready, whether I had accomplished all that Iwanted before taking this little detour. But those concerns weren't actually the cause of panic. Last night the source of my anxiety was the health care debate, to which I had a visceral reaction.

I won't go into where I stand on the issue, it's irrelevant in this forum. But what I will say is that I am so disappointed in the whole Washington lot who I have entrusted my faith and my child's future. Each and every one of them are failing - many for whom I voted. And yes, it scares me. It scares me that decisons are being made that may have a significant impact on the life of my family, and there is little I can do but watch and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment