Tuesday, February 2, 2010

the big event

I find a lot of money, time and energy are spent focusing on pregnancy and childbirth. All you have to do is walk into Destination Maternity on 57th and Madison to get a glimpse on what a racket pregnancy has become. Now I'll be the first to admit - shopping at Destination Maternity is a lot of fun. Who doesn't want to be offered an orange juice as they walk in the door, try on clothing that actually fits, and test products that are guaranteed to soothe your list of aillments. But now as I enter the home stretch I find it a little funny. After all, the last few months have come and gone so quickly (no wonder I can't catch my breath) and really the "big event" has very little to do with my labor and delivery, but rather with the little cupcake I've been baking these last few months.

Okay, so the whole baby industry is also a racket. And yes, I almost did come home with a blackwatch newsboy cap, ages 0-3 months. I mean what newborn doesn't need a newsboy cap right?

My point is - yes, I want to be prepared for labor and delivery and I want to do all that I can to keep up my stamina for these last few weeks. But I also want to try and turn my attention away from my going to the hospital and toward our little boy coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment