Monday, February 22, 2010

catching up

It's been over a week since my last post. I usually blog in the morning, before heading to work - but I've really tried to include some additional stretching and breath work into my morning routine. It's the only way to keep the aches and pains at bay, and as a result I have less time to write. So for anyone who is relying on "The Actor's Wife" to keep abreast of how things are going  - I apologize.

So at the risk of this sounding far too much like one of those awful updates that you find littering YouTube, I will give you a quick rundown of where we are these days.

Just shy of 34 weeks, our little one could make an appearance anywhere between the next 4 to 6 weeks. For the most part I feel like we're pretty prepared. I still have some major projects to wrap up at work, but I have prepped my team for my absence and am just waiting for final word from my doctor and human resources about the length of my leave. I'm trying not to feel guilty about the time away, but of course I do.

The most exciting news is that my mum has made her flight arrangements and will be getting into the city on April 2nd. We're just hoping that our little one waits until grandma's arrival to make an appearance. But, I'm at peace with the idea that it might not work that way. I want him to come whenever he's ready to face the world.

Chris has been working at one of the networks and we expect he'll be there until late March/early April. He also has a couple of projects scheduled over the next few weeks. He's filming a student short next weekend and trying to finish up a play script he's been working on this winter. I have to say, I am really excited about this script: it's original, a little creepy and very different from anything I've seen recently. And he's writing it for two actors who are just absolutely enchanting. I really hope to see it make its way on stage.

Not much else to report except that our last Lamaze class is tomorrow (by the way, it improved tremendously after my last post) and we have tickets to see As You Like It a week from Friday. I hope I don't fidget too much during the play (I have a difficult time sitting for more than 30 minutes or so without needing to change position.) But, I've been looking forward to this production, part BAM's the Bridge Project, for over a year and I just have to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment