Tuesday, March 30, 2010

fresh starts

Two weeks post-partum and I have been living in sweats, jeans, and t-shirts. Though I have felt good - I've been fairly homebound and quite frankly haven't had the time or the energy to think too much about my appearance.

But today I'm making an effort. See, not only is it Chris' birthday but my dad is coming into to town to meet his first grandchild. So I threw on a wrap around skirt and even put on a touch of mascara. I still hate my hair, and think a haircut will do wonders for my self esteem but other than that I don't look too shabby. Of course now that I'm dressed, I'm ready for nap.

I'm hoping that I can start a bit of a work-out routine this weekend. After my six-week clearance, I plan to get serious about getting back into shape but intend to sneak in some yoga and pilates in the mean time. I've already lost about 17 pounds (aaahhh the wonder of breast-feeding) but have about 15 more to go. I also really need to work on rebuilding some muscle tone. My abs are a train-wreck.

But the good news is - I love fresh starts. And I have a feeling that the next few weeks are a great time to start working on fresh roles, fresh responsibilities, fresh routines - lots of room for fresh starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment