Friday, March 5, 2010

a night out

Heading to see As You Like It at the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) tonight. It will likely be the last play we go to in a while. I imagine it will be some time before a) We're comfortable enough to leave the baby with a sitter or b) that we'll want to. Not to mention we don't have a lot of options. I suppose one of the many downsides of living thousands of miles away from family is that you can't call grandma and grandpa and ask, "Any chance we can bring ____ over Saturday night?"

We have had a couple of lovely offers. One of my colleagues and his wife gave us a "night off" as a shower gift. I can't think of anything more perfect. And our church offers free sitting once a month.

One of my postpartum goals is to stay connected to Chris, not only as the father of our son but as my companion and life partner. I've already noticed how easy it is to become very wrapped up in baby, baby, baby. And, yes, I do think your children have to be your first priority. But I don't want to lose sight of the incredible life that Chris and I have had for the last twelve years. I'm not necessarily afraid that will happen, but I also know that relationships, even solid ones, must be nurtured.

Not to mention, I just really like hanging out with my husband. And we need to make sure we find time to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment