Wednesday, March 10, 2010

taxes and binge eating

Our taxes are filed.

A couple of years ago, we owed more than we had expected and as a result began withholding much more than necessary during the year. Though there are different opinions about doing this - most would ask, "Why give the government an interest free loan, when you could be saving that money throughout the year?" - it's nice to know that it's unlikely we'll owe come spring.

Even so, filing your taxes is far from fun. And, even now despite my pregnancy anxiety-free bliss, hitting the e-file send button is always a little stressful. So, what did I do? I decided to binge-eat; something I have completely avoided until now. Chris made gnochi for dinner, which was lovely. We even had left over chocolate souffle for dessert. But that wasn't enough. I also decided I needed a bowl of strawberries and a piece of the One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish cake from the night before. I was certifiably ill. Not even an episode of Chelsea Lately could take me out of my funk.

Ahhh, but it's a new day. I am 36 weeks - just a few days away from being full-term. And even though the only shoes I can actually fit into right now are my sneakers, I feel relatively light on my feet. It must be spring. Everything seems a little brighter.

So now our taxes are filed. And my first and last binge episode has come and gone. It's back to fruit, smoothies, vegetables and lean protein (with a dessert snuck in here and there.) I still have a lot on my "to do" list - but it's shrinking, even as my belly continues to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment