Friday, April 30, 2010

magic

A million years ago, I played Puck to Chris' Oberon in a production of A Midsummer Night's Dream. It is, interestingly enough, the only time that Chris and I shared the stage. As such, it's always been a play I hold near and dear to my heart. Toward the end, Puck describes the coming of night saying,

"Now the hungry lion roars,
And the wolf behowls the moon;
Whilst the heavy ploughman snores,
All with weary task fordone."

After which, the stage. once again, is flooded by fairies and the world of the play becomes a magical place.

My little one and I are discovering the magic of night. Finally, in tune with one another, I anticipate his cries; waking 5 minutes before he begins to whimper and there is no other sound but his.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that play. I came to see it with Annelie. That was ages ago. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete