Tuesday, April 27, 2010

six weeks

My little guy is six weeks old tomorrow. He's growing so big and changes a little every day. He blows bubbles and mimics his daddy and my expressions. He'll stick out his tongue and smack his lips. He's eating more and has longer stretches of time where he is both awake and alert.

Six weeks is also the half way point of my maternity leave. And I worry that I might forget to savor the few weeks I have left at home. But, yesterday, Chris said something that made me feel a little better. We were waiting for his parents to return after spending the day in the city. Chris was making a lasagna and I was sitting on the couch nursing. The apartment was flooded with the warm yellow light from the kitchen. It was then that Chris said, "The next six weeks we have nothing to do but this."

Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment