Wednesday, May 26, 2010

the dream

After spending all day writing and holed up in the apartment, Chris needed to get some fresh air. So last night, the three of us decided to take a walk. One of the things Chris and I have enjoyed about living in NYC is that there is always a neighborhood waiting to be explored. And now that we're in Astoria, our list of uncharted territory has expanded.

So, last night we turned right instead of left and ended up in an adorable residential neighborhood. Washed cars dripping dry in the carports, hopscotch patterns chalked into the sidewalk and rose bushes in full bloom. And for just a moment, I thought I was in my hometown.

I call it "the dream." And we are within arm's reach. Lilacs. A vegetable garden. Good neighbors. Good schools. Clean. Simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment