Wednesday, July 7, 2010

sleep and television

The Turtle is sleeping like a champ. Our  last few nights have looked like this:

On Monday night, we went to bed around 9:30, but he was wide awake; cooing and gurgling. I finally got him to drift off around 11:15, but then he slept until well after 4:00. At that time, he woke up hungry, I fed him and he went right back to sleep. I actually got off to the gym, home and showered before he woke again at about 6:45.

Last night, the Turtle drifted off to sleep in my arms around 8. He woke up at 9:00 and I fed him. We went to bed at 9:20 and he was alseep by 9:35. He woke up hungry at 1:00. I fed him. He fell asleep and didn't wake again until 5:45.

And all of this is happenig in the middle of a heat wave. Imagine how much sleep we'll get when it's cool again. 

Now of course, our routine has taken me completely out of the prime-time television loop. I have no idea whether or not America has talent or who thinks they can dance. I'm not sure if teenagers are full of glee. And I occasionally wonder if there's still law and order in the world. I didn't intentionally "kill my t.v." There just aren't enough hours in the day.

Oh one exception, Friday Night Lights is an 8:00 show. Such a blessing. I couldn't start my weekend without a Coach and Tammy Taylor fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment