Thursday, August 26, 2010

another try

We've all been a little off schedule the last two weeks. The work day is killing me. It's my busiest season, and I'm coming home both wound up and exhausted. Once I walk in the door, at the end of the day I make an effort to turn all of that off, not to worry about the emails to be sent, the calls to be made, the students to see, the meetings to attend but rather to turn my attention to my family. But I would be lying to say I haven't been distracted.

Then to add to the confusion, the turtle has decided all week that 5:45 is his waking hour. I'm also awake at 5:45 so that's not really a problem, but for the last few weeks, I've enjoyed an hour or so to myself to write, swim, practice yoga. Of course, I would rather spend the morning with my little guy, but trying to find another time of day to get some exercise, much less put a word or two down on paper, is near impossible.

So I've decided to call this week a wash.

It's 6:20 and the turtle is still asleep. So maybe the 5:45 wake-up call was a fluke. A way for him to say, "Mommy, I know it's going to be a tough week, it's a tough week for me too." But perhaps it's short-lived. If so, I should be able to pick up where I left off. Next week, we'll give our morning routine another try.

No comments:

Post a Comment