Monday, August 23, 2010

stress

Last night was a tough night. I was gone most of the day and though I had a wonderful time wedding dress shopping with the Astoria gals, I missed the afternoon with my little guy. Once I got home I was immediately distracted. The semester starts this week; my team is hosting two large-scale events and preparing for the onslaught of walk-ins and appointments at the end of the week. And unfortunately, when I start thinking about work it's hard to think about much else.

Well the turtle could tell I was distracted. He was wound up, had trouble nursing and refused to fall asleep on his own. We tried everything, walking, wearing, dancing - but the little guy just wasn't interested in going to bed. But I shouldn't have been surprised. See, he knows. He knows if I'm anxious, sad, or frustrated. And in many ways he adopts that temperament, as if he were mimicking my mood. And that's what happened last night. Mommy was stressed out. And the turtle was too.

No comments:

Post a Comment