Sunday, September 12, 2010

about a dress

http://deadhours.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/mood-for-love.jpg
Maybe I'm a little too in love with Wong Kar-Wai movies, but I have wanted a Cheongsam for years. The problem is I've been unwilling to settle for a cheap knock-off and haven't been able to justify paying the price for a traditional dress. But yesterday, while browsing through my local thrift store, I found one. The color wouldn't have been my first choice, but the material and construction were impeccable. So I brought it home.

Now the thing is, Cheongsams do nothing to hide your imperfections, and  I'm no Maggie Cheung in these post-pregnancy months. If I want to wear my new (or new to me) dress during the holidays, I have to get busy. No more leisurely morning swims. It's time for some weight training and Ashtanga. My new fitness routine is all about a dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment