Monday, September 13, 2010

county fair

The first thing I think of when I hear the words "county fair" is the heavily tatooed guy who stood in front of me at the kettle corn stand at the Utah State Fair.It must have been something like 1988. Anyway, he turned around, and had what I remember was a toothles grin - though I might be making that part up - and he said, "Came here tonight to get a tatoo. Going to get my ex-wife's name on the bottom of my foot, so I can walk all over her." Nice.

Even so, when I saw that there was a fair being held at Riverside Park, I thought what the hell. I called a friend and she, the turtle and I headed to the pier. Though it was overcast and a little on the chilly side, we had a great afternoon, eating waffles and dinges and petting the farm animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment