Wednesday, September 15, 2010

mornings lost

I need to rediscover my mornings. The turtle has decided that, like his daddy, he's a bit of a night owl. If you're following the sleep log, you'll see that we rarely get him down for the night before 10:30 - more often 11:00. This isn't to say he's not a great sleeper, because he is. He most certainly sleeps through the night. And he takes great naps. But I think the evenings are tough. A lot changes after 5:30. The turtle seems genuinely excited to have me home. We switch from bottle to breast. We start to wind down. But the problem is, I'm already tired from my work day. And, if I could, I would be fast asleep by 9:00. So, I'm usually using my last bit of energy reserves to get through the evening.

Truth is this wouldn't be so bad if I could then wake up at 5:00am. I love mornings. They have always been my time to exercise, write and meditate. And given that the turtle often sleeps past 7:00, there's no reason I couldn't have a couple of hours to do those things, if I could only get out of bed.

So, I need to find a way to rediscover my mornings. A way to make it on a little less sleep. A natural way to pump me full of zing and energy to get me through the day. Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment