Thursday, October 28, 2010

it's so easy

I've been singing to the turtle since long before he was born. And though I never consciously decided such and such would be our "favorite" song...we do indeed have our favorites. And, in the spirit of good routine, many of our songs accompany a certain activity. For example, I always sing "You are my Sunshine" while getting my little guy in his pjs.

But I think my personal favorite is "It's not easy" from Pete's Dragon. It instantly transports me back to my own childhood. But when I sing it to the turtle, I make it our song by changing some of the words. I always sing:

It's not easy to find someone who cares
It's not easy to find magic in pairs
Now that you have him just love him
That's what I plan to do. 
'Cuz I had one friend by my side.
Now I have two.
Your dad and you.
And it's so easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment