Wednesday, October 13, 2010

morning

It's no secret that I'm a morning person. Even over the past week, when my little guy and I have been up at 2:00am, I still enjoyed waking before my boys. These are the few moments I have to myself before I tend to others' needs: the needs of my family, my team, my students. Oh, I'm not complaining. It's those needs that give me purpose - but these few moments alone, give me strength and energy and peace.

And if only morning could begin like today. I woke at 5:30am, pleasantly suprised that my turtle had slept through the night. I threw on my sweats and headed out the door, intent on getting in a workout before my little guy would wake within the hour. And, as I landed on my stoop I was delighted by the chill in the air, and that I had made it outdoors just in time to watch the black sky turn blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment