Monday, December 27, 2010

snowed in

The snow began falling just as Chris, the turtle and I were heading out the door yesterday afternoon. We were meeting friends for brunch - and not to go on a complete tangent but Sanford's Peanut Butter Pancakes were just what I needed to wrap up the holiday weekend. Yummy! By the time we got home a good three inches had fallen. The storm continued through the night and we woke up to over a foot of snow. Of course everyone is all up in arms. Our super was cursing his way through the first clearing at 6:00am. But Chris and I, well we feel right at home.

I tossed on my fleece and snow boots, and trudged across the street first thing- snow or not, there were diapers to be done. And now, the turtle is napping and Chris is in the kitchen starting the sauce for his world-famous (or at least apartment famous) lasagna. It's the food I dream about - and a top runner for my "last meal" selection, should I ever have need to choose a "last meal."

So we're snowed in, and it's heavenly. Santa delivered a white Christmas after all. Who knows....maybe the turtle will wake up with a tooth. Now that would be a Christmas miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment