Friday, December 3, 2010

snotty nose

Some good news: the turtle doesn't have strep. Not only am I delighted because I just can't imagine my little guy feeling that miserable but the news helps a little with the guilt factor. Oh, I still feel plenty guilty as I am perfectly aware that whatever he does have he pulled from my cornucopia of illnesses - but I'd be lying if I didn't say I would feel significantly worse if he had strep.

So what does my little guy have? Well he has two red crusty eyes (and yes, the doctor ruled out pink eye as well), a deep nasty cough, and a nose that won't stop running. I always wondered how parents allowed their kids to run around with snotty noses - well now I know. Sometimes you just can't keep up with it. No sooner do I wipe down the turtle's face than there are two more rivers of snot running down from his nostrils to his mouth. It's gross. Not that I adore either, but I prefer poop to snot. Just sayin'.

But it seems he's not the only sick baby in town. We were set to brunch with our birth class buddies this Sunday. We were remaining hopeful that the turtle's symptoms would dissipate by then. But our hosts are sick as well. 'Tis the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment