Sunday, January 2, 2011

sleep lesson

It's 7:00am and the turtle is still sleeping. Last night, after his typical 8:45pm wake-up call, something which remains a mystery - we had him jump in his jumparoo for about 15 minutes. And it was a hoot. It was as if he knew it was time to get the wiggles out, so with a fairly straight face (he barely cracked a smile) he jumped with earnest intention.

At about 9:10pm he and I went into Chris' and my room (so much for watching The Town) where the turtle and I read a story and sang a couple of songs. By 9:45pm he had fallen asleep. I lay him down in his crib, where he's still sleeping now.

So last night's sleep lesson: The harder he plays, the better he sleeps. And yes - thank god for Netflix and On Demand. I don't even want to think about the late fees were we working with a 3 day return policy!

No comments:

Post a Comment