Friday, February 4, 2011

new office

I recently moved into a new office. I remember when I was interviewing for my current job someone said, "and the best thing is that this is where you'll be." I looked around and marveled at the space, the windows, the views. I mean, how many people can say they have an 11th floor corner office on the Upper East Side. But within weeks of taking the job I felt a little out of sorts. It was so large, and on a campus where space is such commodity I had a hard time thinking this was the best use of it. So when I had an opportunity to propose changes that would better benefit the department and my colleagues - I never thought twice about my offer to move.

And truth is I like my new digs. Sure it's small, but it's cozy. I only wish I had moved a year ago, before my maternity leave. Pumping has never been easy in an office full of windows and a work station for my team's part-time assistant. It would have been nice to have had a place that guaranteed a little more privacy.

In any case...I'm there now and I'm enjoying making the place my home away from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment