Sunday, April 3, 2011

expectation management

It's 4:00 am and I'm wide awake. But there are two things for which I'm thankful. One: that the turtle and I both fell asleep around 8:30 (probably why I'm awake) and two: tomorrow is Sunday so I can nap if need be.

The actual reason I'm up is because I'm anxious. Not stressed, not really, but very very anxious. In the coming weeks, my busy season kicks into high gear and due to a lot of things happening at work - some expected, some not - things will be more hectic than usual. And truth is, I'm just not certain how to find the time to get things done the way I would like.

My boss gave me some advice during my first few days on the job- to manage my expectations. And I have a feeling I'll be doing a lot of expectation management over the next few weeks.

In the mean time, I will write lists at 4:00am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment