Monday, April 11, 2011

rocking

On a normal work day, I'm home by six and we usually have dinner within the hour. At around seven, the turtle takes his bath, we read a book, and then I spend anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes rocking him to sleep. Some might wonder why I still insist on rocking him to sleep. After all, the turtle is a year old - and I know that many a toddler are able to fall asleep on their own. But quite frankly,rocking is good for us both. We sit in the nursery, lights off, playing our "sleepy time music" (thank you Pandora), and wind-down. I was telling Chris last night, that my heart rate slows considerably in those few minutes. Those minutes keep me connected. They keep me sane. And they prepare me for the day to come.

Being a working mom is no easy task. And I will never tell someone how to make it work - because it requires constant on-the-job training and I still have a lot to learn. But this is what works for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment