Friday, May 20, 2011

movie weekend

So Chris' and my nerves are a little raw. The weather's been bad. The turtle's been sick. And I worked late both Tuesday and Thursday night. We're both in need of some mass market entertainment. So, this weekend, we're going to break down and see a movie. We could, of course, hire a sitter. We adore the woman who sat with the turtle last week - but with our little guy being under the weather and vacation time around the corner we're just not feeling financially or personally up for hiring a sitter for the night. Which is fine, because one thing that Chris and I have learned about movies, is we're not nearly as interested in seeing a movie together as we are in talking about one. So when I get home this afternoon, I'm kicking Chris out of the house, so he can go to the movies and I can have a little turtle time. Then tomorrow morning, I'll sneak out and hit the first showing.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good plan! One on one with the baby and then some "me" time at the movies! Have fun

    ReplyDelete