Monday, May 23, 2011

screaming contests

One day I'll be saying to the turtle, "use your inside voice." And at the same time I'll regret our new favorite past-time: screaming contests. They're loud, high-pitched and clearly best done outdoors. But, it's New York City and I don't suddenly not have a toddler with a little extra energy just because it's raining. So we do what we gotta do. The contests go something like this:

Me: "Who do you think can scream louder, Mama or the turtle?"
Turtle: "AAAHHHHH!"
Me: "Clearly you think the turtle, but what about this, AAAAHHHH!"
Turtle: "AAAHHHH!" at a much louder and higher pitch than the last.
Me: "AAAHHHH!"
Turtle: "AAAAHHHH!"

And so on. And keep in mind between each, "AAAAHHH" is a great deal of giggling.

1 comment:

  1. What a great moment fo the both of you. I used to like to do this with my kids when they were little. Now I get to do it with my grandchildren. Good times.

    ReplyDelete