Friday, June 10, 2011

i've had better days

So much for handling the work-life balance with ease and grace. It's been a rough few weeks. The nature of my work has always led to hectic springs and summers, but my current position is by far the most taxing in this regard. And right now I am wrapped up in the minutia of my day to day work life (phone calls, emails, reports, agendas, check-in lists,  and room reservations). I'm certain that somewhere tucked inside those details is the heart of what I do and why I do it, but right now I'm having a difficult time gaining perspective and finding purpose. Which makes coming home to an over-tired little boy, frustrated and confused by my extended absences all that more heart-breaking. I've definitely had better days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment