Sunday, August 21, 2011

grunge phase

The turtle is going through a grunge phase. He loves music - any kind. But recently he's been especially responsive to some of my college day favorites: Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden. It's pretty funny. He'll dance like he always does, but if I turn on something like Alive, the turtle will happily add some headbanging into the choreography. I call it "toddler angst" which is appropriate given his moments of frustration when I insist he eats one more red pepper or that he wears a diaper. 

1 comment:

  1. What I'd give for kids that would actually listen to Nirvana. I have tried, but the current hits at my house are mostly by 80s big hair rockers Twisted Sister. Why did I ever leave that cassette(!) lying around where they could find it: "Mommy, what's this?"

    ReplyDelete