Thursday, November 17, 2011

feeling inspired

artwork by the turtle
Inspiration is everywhere and I feel myself bursting with a need to do, create and experience. What's inspiring me right now?

1) The Occupy Wall Street Movement. Though I don't agree with every tactic, I am truly inspired by people's drive and dedication to the cause. Specifically I am moved by those in uniform (the veterans, police officers, fire-fighters etc.) who have identified as part of the 99% and with the teachers and academics who are using the movement as a forum for honest intellectual discourse.

2) Yarn. Two weeks ago I picked up my crochet hook and since then have found such peace in crocheting each night. Though it's only "practice" at this early stage I hope that it grows into a craft for which I'll have some degree of mastery or expertise. I also find myself attracted to blogs with really lovely photographs of yarn, and needles and projects. Like SouleMama, a site of which I've fallen in love.

3) Dreads. Okay, this may sound strange, but I'm lovin' crunchy mama dreadlocks. And, if you don't agree, just take a look at the gorgeous mamas found at WalkSlowlyLiveWildly, *e* and Life Inspired. Yup, lovin' it. Just sayin'.

I think it's that time of year, where I want to settle in, read, drink hot chocolate and hang out with my boys. And so much of what I see around me is promise. Promise for new opportunities, new challenges, new skills, new insights. And, with each passing year I become so much more confident in who I am and what I have to offer - and to be at that place, is really wonderful.

In any case...if you can't tell, I'm feeling inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment