Monday, December 12, 2011

the big compromise

I think I made the first "big compromise" as a working mom. You know that big mom vs. career decision? Yup I made it. Without going into the nitty gritty details, there was a to-die-for opportunity on the table. My dream job, working for my dream boss, doing something I truly believe in. But alas it wasn't the right thing at the right time. And in true corporate terms the ROI just wasn't going to cut it.

I've got a good thing going right now. I like my job. I work with an amazing team. I'm given a great deal of flexibility and autonomy. It's a known entity. I've also arranged a killer 8:00 to 4:00 schedule which has been down-right heavenly. And though I do a lot of work from home, my stress level is pretty low.
All that said, I'm a mom first. It's obvious. I'm a mom first.

No comments:

Post a Comment