Monday, January 23, 2012

my word for 2012: open

photo by sarniebill1
As I was preparing for the start of 2012 I thought a lot about resolutions and to-do lists. Chris and I are the king and queen of goal-setting, so the beginning of a new year is always exciting. But as I thought more about it, I wasn't interested in setting specific benchmarks for the upcoming year. For the first time in likely a decade, I'm not really sure what the next 12 months have in store. There's a lot up our sleeves: Chris' film Cowboys vs. Indians is in pre-production, and I joined an awesome working group of creative, action-oriented women as part of Lisa Work's Visionary Mom Team. The upcoming summer is jam-packed with travel, and family and weddings galore. And the turtle is leading us into new adventures every day. But where might this all lead? A move? A new job? A new space? A new home? Who knows?

So instead of resolutions, I decided to choose a word for 2012 - Open. In 2012 I'll try hard not to over-plan, over-think, or over-anticipate what's next. But, to some extent, let the world unfold, listen to her cues, and respond to her calls. And we'll see where she takes us.

1 comment: