Wednesday, January 7, 2015

a year of patience

I wrote a few weeks ago that I was I was trying to find a word/ theme/ mantra for the year. It's taken longer than I planned. I have felt more ill (damn the flu) than inspired. But I think I have finally figured it out. It's the Year of Patience

There are so many areas in my life that patience would serve me well. I need to be more patient in my career (sometimes wanderlust and ambition get the best of me). I need to be more patient in regards to our financial growth and security (over the last two years we moved cross country and built a new home - needless to say it's been an expensive life chapter). I need to be more patient with my community (I can by hypercritical and quick to judge). And most importantly, I need to be a more patient parent (no explanation necessary). So this year will be about patience- allowing people, relationships, and situations to develop organically.

No comments:

Post a Comment